1.8.11

Nells Compass

My close friend Lilly McDowell Walton(yes, my annoyingly very good looking friend who got married in Caroline Herrera) and her mother Mary Steenburgen are the brains behind www.nellscompass.com. A boutique candle company created in honour of  Nell, Mary's mother and Lilly's grandmother. Inspired by family memories of fireflies in the dusk of an Arkansas summer, rainy day jigsaw puzzles in Marth'a Vineyard and the sound of bee's droning in the lavender on a sleepy afternoon is Ojai, California. To me these these candles are a reflection of two amazing women who have created something magical for the world to share out of a love for fragrance, family and one another. x


 Lil's adventures as she conquers the world of candles can be followed on www.nellscompassblog.com. Below are a few of the images which bring fond memories of my friend Lil.








 I feel like every time I skype Lil she is always away on some fabulous getaway.................




Sweet sweet Mary and little Lil.




My Favourite candle is east. My house is full of these thankyou Miss Lil.




 The window sill at Ojai Ca, Lil's family home. Makes me homesick.




Fresh eggs from her dads house at Ojai.....like i said homesick


We tracked around LA looking for the perfect vintage clutches as gifts for her bridesmaids. Kate on the right, fav.



 I cant get enough of Lil's old pic's. This is her and her dad Malcom McDowell. 
I cant even imagine her nomadic life as a child and all the wondrous things she would have seen.





I think this is the case of a vintage whisky bottle Boston got Jesse. I love the colours.




 I love this photo of Boston on his wedding day. When you think of Lil you think of Boston.



 If i had to sum up my summer's with the Steenburgens it would be Corn Spoon Pudding!!! An Arkansas Family tradition that I have to have every time I'm there.





Afternoons and fresh lemonade.




Lils Venice beach cottage 2008-2009. A great summer on the couch.





BEST photo ever. Lil at the royal premier of Back to the Future 3. Classic. Is that Charlie McDowell????




French vintage postcards, So Lil.





XX

No comments:

Post a Comment